Subject: Detailed proposal for BT TC meeting

All,

The proposal I would like to discuss and, if appropriate, move to accept
during the meeting I proposed last Thursday is relatively simple and
somewhat time sensitive.  Please note that under Roberts Rules, the
OASIS Process and the lack of Standing Rules in this TC, I am not making
a formal motion below.  This should be considered the starting point for
discussion on email and during our next meeting.  In detail:

Recognizing that the accomplishments of this TC [1,2], specifically the
approval of a Committee Draft specification [3] as announced on 3 June
2002 [4], complete the work described in our Charter [5] and recognizing
that  the last time this TC met formally was in May 2002 [6] and the
recently updated OASIS Process [7] includes a clause [8] specifically
for this situation, the Business Transaction TC formally closes this TC.

thanx,
	doug

[1]
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=business-transaction
[2] http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/business-transaction/
[3]
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/1184/2002-06-03.BTP_cttee_spec_1.0.pdf
[4] http://lists.oasis-open.org/business-transaction/200206/msg00000.html
[5] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/business-transaction/charter.php
(We have definitely completed the final deliverable of "... a final
specification for a business transaction protocol which works in
conjunction with existing business messaging standards, particularly
those being developed in the ebXML initiative")
[6] If the August 2002 teleconference was an official TC meeting and if
we achieved quorum around an agenda, I apologize and would revise "May"
to read "August".
[7] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php
[8] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#closing

--
SunNetwork 2003 Conference and Pavilion
"An unparalleled event in network computing! Make the net work for you!"

WHEN:  September 16-18, 2003
WHERE: Moscone Center, San Francisco

For more information or to register for the conference, please visit:
http://www.sun.com/sunnetwork