Subject: RE: [business-transaction] Issue maint-9 - proposed solution

Title: Message
I had some further thoughts on this and a discussion with Robert Clarke here, and I think this second solution might be better. It has a separate list of targetted qualifiers, so there isn't confusion about what happens in an Atom, and its easier to send the same qualifier to several inferiors.

Also uploaded, as :
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/4894/maint9_alternative_solution.doc

As well as being simpler (probably), I've remembered to make the changes to PREPARE_INFERIORS this time.
What I haven't remembered was to make the corresponding changes in the XML, but that just works out fairly mechanically. (Alex is rather more than a mechanic, though :-)

By the way, OASIS have just upgraded their document server and it is a *lot* faster now (i.e. it's actually usable)

Peter
-----Original Message-----
From: Furniss, Peter
Sent: 06 January 2004 13:56
To: business-transaction@lists.oasis-open.org

Happy New Year to all BTP-ers.

As requested by the last BT TC meeting (and apologies for not doing before), I've drafted some text as a solution to maint-9, about qualifiers for particular inferiors on CONFIRM_TRANSACTION. Since it includes several changes to the explanatory paragraphs for C_T which were clearer using change-marking, I've uploaded it as a Word document :

 http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/4891/2004-01-01.maintissue9_solution.doc

(that's the public uri, so you won't need your OASIS username/pw to get at it.)

Peter

Peter Furniss
Chief Scientist, Choreology Ltd
web: http://www.choreology.com