Subject: RE: [business-transaction] Issue - ex-10 - acknowledgements for LRT

Title: Message
I think the additional messages would be:

INFERIOR_STATUS/prepare-received
INFERIOR_STATUS/confirm-received
INFEIROR_STATUS/cancel-received

and
SUPERIOR_STATUS/confirmed-received
SUPERIOR_STATUS/cancelled-received

the superior_status messages would only be used when the inferior had made an autonomous decision, and the superior didn't know the proper decision yet.

None of these would cause a state change. There is no need for a "response-requested" version of these - normally the receiver will be in the state corresponding to having just sent the message. In the few cases where it is possible for the receiver to have moved on, the receiver could resend the new message (e.g. after sending CANCEL, receive INFERIOR_STATUS/prepare-received : could resent CANCEL).

Sending the expected time (X) till decision is made would seem to be an item for a qualifier.

Peter
-----Original Message-----
From: Furniss, Peter
Sent: 23 March 2004 15:55
To: business-transaction@lists.oasis-open.org

This issue has been added to the btpex issue list. The issues list is posted as a Technical Committee document to the OASIS BTP TC pages on a regular basis. The current edition, as a TC document, is the most recent document with the title in the "Issues" folder of the BTP TC document list - the next posting will include this issue. The list editor's working copy, which will normally include an issue when it is announced, is available at this constant URL.

Issue - ex-10 - acknowledgements for LRT