Subject: BTP Issue maint-5 - a possible minor revision to the resolution

Title: Message
In checking the revised XML, I was slightly surprised to find we agreed to add superior-identifier to the superior->identifier messages that are defined as potentially returning INFERIOR_STATE/unknown (PREPARE, CONFIRM, CANCEL, CONFIRM_ONE_PHASE) but not to the other messages travelling that way (ENROLLED, RESIGNED, CONTRADICTION, SUPERIOR_STATE). This seems mildly odd - it would seem to be a bit cleaner to have the superior-identifier on all the down-tree messages.

But it isn't a big deal, and its only the existing four where it is strictly needed, for the reasons explained in the issue (see http://www.choreology.com/external/btp_maint_issues_list.html#Issuemaint-14)

Peter

Peter Furniss
Chief Scientist, Choreology Ltd
web: http://www.choreology.com