cacao message

Subject: CACAO Outreach Update

TC Members -Bret and I, as TC co-chairs met with the OASIS outreach team today to have an initial discussion on the outreach, PR, and communication plan for the upcoming CACAO release. We wanted to give everyone in the TC an update on those discussions and make sure that everyone is aware of those efforts and how they can contribute where appropriate.
Here is our summary of what was discussed.

  • Blog post
    • Create a blog post that summarizes the new CACAO standard and highlights OASIS+CACAO-TC work achieved so far
    • Authors: Bret+Allan+other-TC members willing to participate (we encourage others to help in this effort and you will get authorship recognition)
    • Review by OASIS team
    • Timeframe: End-of-Nov
  • Press release
    • Create a press release highlighting the CACAO standard, press release will reference the blog post
    • Authors: OASIS
    • Quotes by: Co-chairs, TC members willing to participate in. Once again we highly encourage you to consider providing quotes and statements for this press release. You may also want to follow this up with your own blogs and PR statements.
    • Timeframe: Early-Dec
  • Webinar
    • Possibly more than one webinar, could be presentation, roundtable, or panel discussion format.
    • Highlight CACAO technology and use of CACAO by participants in webinar
    • Webinar participants: Co-chairs, interested/willing participants from TC and possibly outside interested parties
    • Timeframe (for initial webinar): Jan 2024
We want to make sure everyone is both aware and involved as desired. We recognize that some will need to get approvals from their own internal PR and OGC teams, so we wanted to make sure you knew far enough in advance so you could start those discussions. We will discuss this topic at our next working call on Nov 7th. Through this process we really want to highlight not only the standard but also the many contributions from TC members and their respective companies and initiatives.

Regards

Allan & Bret (co-chairs)