cam-dev message

Subject: Newbie question about CAM

Hello everyone.

I am a new subscriber to the CAM list.
I am a SemWeb freelance more used to OWL and RDF stuff.
But at the moment, I have to work on XML structures and their
corresponding XML Schemas.

I discovered CAM via a post on xml-dev.

Now I have some questions about how CAM defines the structure of documents.

In XML Schema there is a trick to modularize the structure definition.
This best practice is to use <element ref="..."> with <element
name="..." type=". . ."> and  a type ". . .":

<xs:element name="people" type="peopleType"/>

<xs:complexType name="peopleType">
        <xs:sequence>
            <xs:element ref="name"/>
        </xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>

<xs:element name="name" type="nameType"/>

<xs:complexType name="nameType">
</xs:complexType>

thanks to that modularization pattern and the mechanisms of XSD, you
have the ability to override or extends some parts of your schema.

it looks like CAM is more raw when it comes to structure definition.

can you point me to resources about how CAM can be modular?