cam message

Subject: RE: [regrep] regrep timescales

Paul,

If this is your objective - PLEASE look at the OASIS CAM approach to this!

I do not believe that Registry is going to get the job done for you.
Registry
is simply where stuff gets stored.  It does not have the ability to do
context drive assembly - whereas that's exactly what CAM does.

I've CC:d Martin Roberts from the CAM team here as he is in the UK and
has worked solving selections of schema combo's using CAM includes.

We are also looking actively at doing some project(s) where we use
a CAM processor as a service function of the registry and illustrate
how the two work in tandem to give the overall solution.

You can find details on CAM from either the OASIS CAM TC area or
the developer resource at :  http://cam.swiki.net

There are PPT's, samples, and the spec's all available.

Thanks, DW

Chair OASIS CAM TC.
Message text written by "Paul Spencer"

My main interest is the ability to register multiple versions of XML schema
artefacts (and supporting documentation) and create schema documents
dynamically based on the root element of the resulting document. In other
words "I want to create a version 3 Ballot document, give me the minimum
number of schema documents with the minimum number of declarations to do
this".

I know this is work in progress. Does anyone have an idea of specification
completion dates and likely implementation dates? We are trying to do some
planning within UK Government and including such a registry is a key part
of
the plans.
<