cam message

Subject: Fw: proposed BI-ICS spec

Fellow CAM'rs - seems the need we identified two plus
years ago is finally getting the attention it deserves!

See email below on work IBM is doing with Schematron
in this area.

I see this as being most helpful in a number of directions.

First it establishes that there is a need to augment schema
for e-Business needs - (and gets people over that self-denial!).

Second - having established a need - we will see Schematron
and CAM and XSLT being offered as solutions - and that's
healthy - in that people can then pick the approach that
best fits their needs.

Third - I'm picking this moment to let you know some
very good news - we now have an open source
implementation available of CAM -

http://jcam.org.uk

What I have been working on is getting everything
together to do an official large scale press release
thru OASIS and roll-out of this.  For that we need
several things - a) first public release of our spec',
b) good brochure explaining CAM, c) jCAM site.

Well we're making progress on all this - but never
as fast as one wants of course.  I believe we will
have this ready for OASIS by the end of February.

In the meantime - we obviously want to validate
Martin's great work on the jCAm processor, and
help support the work he is doing at the site.

In that vein - I did a presentation yesterday to
the USGov XMLWG here in Washington DC.

I just posted the PPT from that to our
outreach documents on Kavi - and generally the
reception from the audience was positive -
and the topic certainly fitted in with their
focus on getting to better interoperability
with XML.

Enjoy, DW.

p.s. the doc' is also available directly
       from my site - and I'll add it to the
       SWIKI when I have time.

http://drrw.net/presentations/OASIS-CAM-XMLWG-Jan2004.ppt