cam message

Subject: Drools and CAM?

I've just been reviewing the DROOLS toolset - http://drools.org

This seems a useful potential adjunct to CAM for people that need more expressive power than XPath expressions alone can provide.

At this point I'm thinking a call-out capability where you can inline DROOLS scripting into the CAM - I'm thinking particularly in the <DataValidation> section where a clause can include <drools-rule> can a hand-off can occur to the DROOLS rule engine at that point.

This is fairly complex - but given the extensibility in DROOLS - it looks like a viable option for people.

Although - currently we are supporting calls to Java - so that mechanism can support pass-thru to the DROOLS engine - so we may already have this covered.

Just thinking out loud a bit here...!

DW