cam message

Subject: Just a quick procedural note to everyone vis voting ( a BIG thank you from me!)

Team,

I just asked Mary McRae for more clarification on the OASIS process - so I am sharing this with everyone - and adding a note of appreciation for all your commitment and support.  I really appreciate how much this takes - to remember to do and get to around all the other demands in our hectic days.

The good news / bad news is that we continue to make good progress - the bad news is that this OASIS process at times seems intermiable and tortuous!  Perhaps that is the mark of a good standards process?!?

Also - I must emphasize EVERY SINGLE vote is vital - please do not think to skip a vote - we really need to ensure everyone who can vote does each time.

Anyway - what this all means is I have to ask for your indulgence and forbearance as we grind through this all.

Turns out - to change our charter means we have to vote on it ourselves (which we're doing) - then we have to have another official OASIS vote AGAIN on the same thing - that Mary has to setup for us!

The logic is that first we vote to accept the text - and then we have another vote to re-affirm that text.

Ditto the IPR transition - first must vote to pick the mode we want - more on that separately - and then we must vote again - that Mary sets up - to adopt it formally.

I just wanted to give you all a heads up that you are going to see a steady stream of votes on ballots over the next few weeks and into January - and so you are not wondering - what the heck - didn't we just vote on this already again?

Appreciate everything you are doing to support our successfully achieving OASIS standard for our work.

What I can say - since this is the third specification this year that I'm actively promoting to OASIS standard - once you have that - it is a very big deal - and you all will be able to be proud in your contribution to achieving that.

Thanks, DW

"The way to be is to do" - Confucius (551-472 B.C.)