Subject: stupid metadata question #2736

Is there any reason that *both* the Operations resource *and* the Operation resource should contain a "targetResource" URI that links back to the target of the operation? Isn't the semantic of Operations.targetResource that all the operations in the sibling operationLinks apply to that resource? Why do the individual Operation resources *also* have to link back to the target resource? Doesn't this, in fact, prevent providers from re-using common operation metadata across different resources - since each Operation can only be linked to one target resource?

~ gp

p.s. Don't worry. I will be done working on this metadata stuff pretty soon now. You can tell how far I've progressed by which metadata resources I'm asking questions about ...