Subject: Draft Minutes 9th July 2014

Meeting Minutes 9th July 2014

Attendees:

Oracle			Martin Chapman	Chair
Fujitsu Limited		Jacques Durand	Member
Oracle			Anish Karmarkar	Voting Member
Oracle			Ashok Malhotra	Voting Member
Rackspace Hosting, Inc.	Adrian Otto	Chair
Vnomic			Derek Palma	Member
Fujitsu Limited		Tom Rutt		Voting Member
Software AG, Inc.		Prasad Yendluri	Voting Member

Intro:

      Scribe:  Ashok
      Roll call:  Voting Members: 6 of 7 (85%) Meeting is quorate
      Agenda: approved as posted

Minutes:

     2nd July 2014: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/email/archives/201407/msg00004.html
      Motion: m: Adrian s: Anish accept the minutes of 2nd July 2014
      No objections.  Minutes are accepted.

Admin.

     LOA Request from Adrian from LOA July 16 to 23:  https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/email/archives/201407/msg00009.html
      No objections. LOA granted

     No new issues.  1 open issue.

Editing team update:

      Gil:  I produced version 43 which has resolution to 172. https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/document.php?document_id=53526
       Please check

      Gil:  Changes some TAs.
       Need to revise TA document.  Perhaps after 172 is resolved.
      Tom:  Let's note this in JIRA
      Editors of spec and TA to coordinate.

Issue Discussion:

      CAMP-172:  https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-172  consider specifying a generic 'version' characteristic for use in ServiceSpecifications
      Adrian presents proposal
      Adrian:  Pl. check reference format
      Adrian:  Added note with ref to App D which has range values.
      Tom:  So, you changed the service spec and the characteristics spec?
      Adrian:  Yes, non-normative.  Syntax has not changed.
      Anish:  Some editorial feedback
      Question on row 1 of Appendix D
      ... if you specify several comma separated clauses, are they ANDed or ORed?
      Anish:  Questions use of "your type"
      Tom:  This is a non-normative change and gives a good example to follow.
      Derek:  Looks like a good syntax people could use.
      Tom:  How do we specify what versioning scheme is being used.
      Adrian:  That's outside the spec
      ... see 4.2.1
      Anish:  Appendix D row 8 ...
      Fixed in WebEx
      Jacques asks about parsing this syntax
      Anish:  This is used elsewhare
      Martin:  Pl. read the reference for details
      Anish:  We are just pointing to existing design
      anish: http://www.osgi.org/javadoc/r5/core/index.html?org/osgi/framework/VersionRange.html
      Anish:  There is existing code that parses this syntax
      Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): this common approach is available
      Adrian adjusts intro to App D on WebEx
      Change "may" to "can" in intro

      Motion: m: Adrian, s: Anish moves to resolve CAMP-172  with r1 proposal in JIRA: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/download.php/53545/camp-spec-v1.1-wd43-issue172-r1.doc
      No Objections.  CAMP-172 is resolved.

      Martin:  All issues are closed!
      anish: all spec issues closed, but we now have TA issue to sync with the spec

       Gil: Now we have resolved CAMP-172 there may be an issue with service resources
      Gil:  You cannot introspect service resources to figure out if a plan would work
      Tom:  How do you find the version of a service resource
      Gil:  Perhaps all services have a set of characteristics and you can match those with your plan
      Tom:  Could parameters do this?
      Gil:  One of the characteristics could be the version
      Martin:  Please write up the issue and we can discuss

AOB:

      Next meeting July 23 (2 weeks time)

      Anish:  Asks about TA spec.
      Jacques:  I will talk with Gil.
      Martin:  We should be planning our next PR

ADJOURNED