Subject: Re: [cgmo-webcgm] WebCGM and the <object> tag

At 10:41 AM 11/30/2004 -0500, Benoit Bezaire wrote:
>[...]
>   In the attempt to move ahead on a test suite, I was wondering if the
>   initial test files could make use of the 'src' param instead of the
>   'data' attribute?

If this is done, the HTML files that contain the wrong object tags should
be self-documenting as "incorrect..."  I'm reluctant to encourage the
circulation of such files, but this might mitigate the potential for
creating confusion.

It is a subtle point, whether the WebCGM standard can place conformance
requirements on HTML content that references WebCGM instances.  However the
prescription in WebCGM (section 3.4) is unambiguous: