Subject: Re: [cgmo-webcgm] ISSUE: attributes on WebCGMPicture interface

Hi Benoit,

I agree, but one small question...

At 03:24 PM 6/9/2005 -0400, Benoit Bezaire wrote:
>Hi cgmo-webcgm,
>
>   I'm still working on "what is the root node" issue. But for that, I
>   still have one last thing to check regarding metadata on the Picture
>   node.
>
>   We agreed that the <webcgm> element could have namespace elements
>   and attributes.
>
>   Here's my question: What is the WebCGMPicture.attributes call
>   suppose to return when...
>   A) the <webcgm> element has no namespace attributes, and
>   B) the <webcgm> element has namespace attributes.
>
>   Technically, a BEGPIC is not an APS and therefore has no APS
>   attribute (but I think it has a name). The current companion file
>   has other attributes such as 'version' and 'filename', but as far as
>   I know, they are not 'applied' to the CGM.
>
>   Ben's proposal:
>   A) attributes returns a list of a single element (the apsid).

Umm... I think you mean the Picture Id (parameter of BegPic), to be
returned as if it were an apsid?

Your proposal is okay with me, but one small question:  as discussed in
3.1.1.3-#3, apsid basically follows the restrictions of the name construct
in XML (like attributes of type ID), and Picture Id could contain a more
liberal char repertoire (unless it appears in a fragment, in which
case...blah..blah..blah).  Without having thought through it carefully,
does this present any problem for the returned value(s)?