Subject: implementing resolution about FIXED param

WebCGM TC,

Feeback welcome...

Today we decided to add some clarification to the FIXED param, of OBJECT
(3.4).  Specifically, to emphasize that it only affects the user zoom/pan
controls of viewers, and not navigation by other means such as URI fragments.

Looking carefully at the old text, there was some odd stuff (e.g., 2nd
sentence) that didn't seem appropriate, if we are disabling user navigation
but preserving programmatic navigation.  Please have a look and tell me if
you think I have gotten it right...

Old text
-----
>FIXED No|Yes
>States whether the CGM is fixed or can be looked at in detail. This is
>useful to divide icons, logos etc from browseable diagrams. Default is No.
>Note: for the value Yes, viewers shall not put up scroll bars and zoom
>options, which would normally be offered for scalable, zoomable pictures.

New text
-----
>fixed No|Yes
>Disables ("Yes") or enables ("No") the user zoom and pan controls of the
>viewer. It does not affect picture navigation by other means, such as
>object behaviors in URI fragments. Default is No. For the value Yes,
>viewers shall not put up scroll bars and zoom options, which would
>normally be offered.

[Ed note.  "user zoom and pan controls" links to 3.1.2.5;  "object
behaviors in URI fragments" links to 3.1.2.4]

Any comments?