Subject: S1000D 2.3 dates

Andrew provided the following on his AI concerning cirtical dates for Version 2.3 of S1000D....Thanks Andrew

Andrew's note:-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current ASD S1000D dates for 2.3:

Svante generally advised that the cut off date for new ideas to be accepted
for Issue 2.3 is 19th August 2005.  The 2.3 scheduled is still open,
'Release of Change 2.3 is 2006' that's it so far.  Once we (CGM Open) have
an agreed WebCGM 2.0 draft, as Peter said we should seek approval of the
EPWG (October?) and then subsequently get it sanctioned by the TPSMG (at the
same time).

An independent approach could work with Peter's help and getting
placeholder's by August 19th deadline would be a good idea I think.  Peter
said he is happy to prepare an input from his perspective which should still
go before the EPWG (during a WebEX?) I am planning to submit a revised
Multimedia Chapter by that date too (next WebEx, 11th July 05)

I will followup with Peter to make sure we have a requirements placeholder for Aug 19th.

thx...Dave Cruikshank
Technical Fellow - Graphics/Digital Data Interchange
Boeing Commercial Airplane
206.544.8876, fax 206.544.9590
david.w.cruikshank@boeing.com