Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] QUESTION. "direct child" or "descendant"?

I looked again, and am not entirely happy with option 3.  I think I understand what we're getting at.  I'll propose closure of this question, with the below new wording for the bits of 3.2.1.5.

Old (1st CD) wording:

[[[
Viewer Behavior. Unlike other application structures, 'grnode' is not interactive. It does not receive mouse events like
other application structures. The content of a 'grnode' can however be interactive if that content is a direct child of a
'grobject', 'para' or 'subpara'. Additionally, if a mouse event is triggered on the geometry of a 'grnode', an ancestor node
may respond to the event if that ancestor node is of type 'grobject', 'para' and 'subpara'. See the Event interface for
more information regarding mouse events.
]]]

Proposed new wording:

[[[
Viewer Behavior. Unlike other application structures, 'grnode' is not interactive; i.e., it does not receive mouse events.  If a mouse event is triggered on the geometry of a 'grnode', an ancestor node of type 'grobject', 'para' or 'subpara' instead may respond to the event. Therefore, the content of a 'grnode' could effectively appear to be interactive, for example, if the 'grnode' were a sole direct child of a 'grobject', 'para' or 'subpara'.  See the Event interface for more information regarding mouse events.
]]]

Okay?

-Lofton.