Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] Chinese Unicode test uploaded

Thanks to Forrest and Dieter for responding...

At 04:20 PM 1/10/2006 +0100, Dieter  Weidenbrück wrote:
>Please find the changed file attached.

There is some good news here -- we actually have interoperable WebCGM 2.0
(unicode) editing!

I decided to upload Dieter's edited version of Forrest's (Chinese) unicode
test to the FTP site -- two revised files utf16-chinese-v10.cgm and .htm
are there now.  After pondering the relative merits of having multiple
sources, versus having the Font Properties element present, I decided that
the latter should have short-term priority, in case we get looked at by W3C
in the near future.

Forrest, I would still like your version of the Chinese file when ready (w/
Font Properties), so that the test suite demonstrates (it's in MetDesc
element) that multiple editors are capable.

Dieter (or anyone) -- I need a new PNG reference image -- differences in
your layout versus Forrest's make the PNG-CGM less than a perfect visual match.

Meanwhile, I will have a look at the 9541-2 taxonomy today, and make
suggestions.  For reference, here is the MetaCheck info about the revised
file -- Font List and Font Properties: