Subject: Re: [cgmo-webcgm] Groups - 20060315_Telecon_minutes (TC_Telecon_20060315.pdf) uploaded

At 07:29 PM 3/18/2006 +0000, david.w.cruikshank@boeing.com wrote:
>Here's the minutes of the telecon on March 15, 2006 -- Mr. david
>cruikshank The document named 20060315_Telecon_minutes
>(TC_Telecon_20060315.pdf) has been submitted by Mr. david cruikshank to
>the OASIS CGM Open WebCGM TC document repository. Document Description:
>View Document Details:
>http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/cgmo-webcgm/document.php?document_id=17285
>Download
>Document:
>http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/cgmo-webcgm/download.php/17285/TC_Telecon_20060315.pdf
>PLEASE NOTE:  If the above links do not work for you, your email
>application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to
>copy and paste the entire link address into the address field of your web
>browser. -OASIS Open Administration

The minutes say:
"Future erratum for 1.0 dealing with character tail"

Not quite.  We explicitly decided that we would NOT correct this (CSL tail)
via erratum, because it would instantly invalidate all 1.0-conforming
content, for no commensurate gain.

What we did decide to correct by erratum was the clarification of 3.1.1.4
(and 3.2.2.3) about non-ASCII characters in URIs.  See the current 2.0
text.  See also Chris's preliminary comments -- he approves that clarified,
rewritten section.  The difference with this proposed erratum is that it
validates both of the prevailing interpretations of the 1.0 text, and it is
consistent with URI (rfc3986), IRI (rfc3987), SVG1.2, etc.

I think it would be a good idea to correct the minutes, lest someone read
that posted document, but not this email thread.  ("Future erratum for
non-ASCII characters in URIs [align 1.0 with 2.0 sec-3.1.1.4]."