Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] Issue: 5.7.3 Interface WebCGMMetafile - attribute src

Dave,

sorry, you are correct of course, I was a bit too short in my answer.

The para should be changed, like all places where we try to prohibit
the picterm. It becomes too complicated IMO.

Facts:
- we have the requirement to use a full fragment in certain cases
- hence this full fragment will contain a picTerm
- this picTerm may or may not contain a picBehavior

So in all cases like this one here, we would need a phrase like

"If a URI fragment is present, and if it contains the so called picTerm
portion of the fragment, it must not contain a behavior term, and the
default behavior assumed for picTerms without a spelled out behavior will
be ignored as well. ..."

My suggestion was that now that we know that picBehavior doesn't make sense
in certain places, we could simply add a phrase there like

"If a URI fragment is present containing a picBehavior, the picBehavior
will be ignored."

Just looking for simpler words.

Also, we can test, whether a viewer will successfully ignore a picBehavior
in these places. We can not test whether an HTML page contains a compliant
URL fragment.

Dieter