Subject: Re[4]: [cgmo-webcgm] Highlight test

At 10:11 PM 6/14/2006 -0400, Benoit Bezaire wrote:
>Hi Lofton,
>
>I've expressed my opinion, I would certainly like to hear Dieter's as
>well. I just don't see why a user would do what was done in the test.
>I could be wrong, but I doubt that's going to happen very often.

I think you're misunderstanding my message.  I said, if your interpretation
is what we intend, then it is inadequately explained.  (In addition, I
express my opinion -- IMO, it will lead to more surprising user experiences
than other interpretations.)  But bottom line ... I don't how the spec
defines its behavior, as long as it's clear.

>Also, the fact that id(*,clearHighlight) is the only way to remove a
>highlight (i.e., remove all highlights) using the EBNF complements my
>argument... Meaning, if we've only expected the need for a clear all
>highlights in the EBNF, why would we need a highlight that behaves
>like a Style Property in the DOM?

Nolo contendere.

>My two cents.
>
>Note: If the highlight method wording is not clear enough, someone
>should send a LC comment about it.

Obviously it is not clear enough, if two of the four people in this thread
understood it differently than you and Don!

(Perhaps Boeing will make a Last Call comment?)