Subject: Re: WebCGM Test Suite question

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the feedback.  I'm going to Cc: the TC list on my reply.

At 09:22 AM 10/2/2006 -0600, Robert Orosz wrote:
>Lofton,
>
>I have a question for you regarding the WebCGM 2.0 test suite.  In the
>dynamic 1.0 tests, scrolling is disabled on the middle two frames (scrolling
>attribute set to "no" on the frame tag).  Is there a specific reason for
>this?

During the original TS design, I made this choice in order to keep the
available "real estate" maximal in those two middle frames, and I thought
that all tests could be written to not need scrolling there, in typical
viewing conditions.

On your particular case (attached), the upgrade of this test from 1.0 to
2.0 involved adding the bold text at the top of the right-middle
window.  From your screenshot, that apparently pushed the link line out of
the window in your browser.

>The reason I ask, is because on some of the tests with text initially
>in the right frame, some of the content is cut off.  In some cases the
>hyperlinks are also cut off, and I can't execute the test since there are no
>scrollbars to navigate to the rest of the content!

There is a temporary workarounds:  select the text in that frame, and on
the IE pull-down menu "view->text size", reduce the text size.  I use
"small" as default, and it views okay.

Ideally, we would find and implement a solution that wouldn't require
this.  But ... I simply don't have the time to do it now.

>I've attached a screenshot of one of these tests which illustrates the
>problem.
>
>Regards,
>
>Rob
>
>  <<WebCGM-TS-problem.jpg>>