Subject: Re: [cgmo-webcgm] F2F MEETING

Hi all --

Adding my two cents to Dave's message...

At 08:32 AM 2/6/2008 -0800, Cruikshank, David W wrote:
>During the abbreviated telecon today of 06 Feb 08, we (4 of us) thought
>we would support Dieter's proposal (1) of meeting in Needham, MA May
>28-30.
>
>This is a little late on our timeline, but we think that it could work
>with our overall schedule.

 From the minutes:  "time line seems to be at risk" and "F2F proposal May
28-30 in Needham".

Our time line originally said early May for finishing first CD review
(60-day), and for the associated F2F.  This means early March to start the
CD review.  That's 3 weeks the from next telecon.

I thought it might be hard to make that milestone for CD-review-quality
text.  If everyone does his drafting item on time, I'm thinking that
mid-late March is more realistic for a CD ballot start, which would make
late May a safer choice for F2F.

Perhaps I'm being too pessimistic. But there are still drafting items that
don't have a volunteer, and in my experience questions always come up and
need discussion once you actually start drafting the text.

This doesn't mean to relax on the drafting actions.  IMO, we will only make
the more relaxed schedule if the drafting AIs are done on time.