Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] Updated DTD and sample instance

(...catching up on some past issue dialogs.)

Here is another point of clarification/opinion on this thread...

I agree with Dieter's assertion -- the valid use cases for a *standarized*
font-sub capability should not include the correction of invalid WebCGM
instances.  Although fixing bogus legacy metafiles is indeed a needed and
valuable service, IMO it is out-of-scope for standard WebCGM features.

Mapping standard WebCGM font requests to available font resources should be
the supported use case, if we finally chose to include this functionality.

-Lofton.