Subject: ISSUE: aci/viewer association

From the minutes of the TC telecon of 14 May:

AI - Someone should draft an informative annex on how an environmental
variable or some such method could be used to specify the file

I think this tells me that the result of the discussion was that we
could standardize the format of the the aci, but how it was attached to
a viewer was "unspecified" except for an informative suggestion?

Can the viewer vendors not implement a common association method?

In the case of myself building an IETP, there is probably not a problem
if I have to deal with a different method for each vendor, because my
IETP is going to use a single viewer.

However, remember, my use case is delivering a web site to a customer
with the only requirement that he have an html browser with a WebCGM
plugin.

I don't think an informative annex solves this problem.  Or am I missing
something?

Dave
Technical Fellow - Graphics/Digital Data Interchange
Boeing Commercial Airplane
206.544.3560, fax 206.662.3734
david.w.cruikshank@boeing.com