Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] UL Review of Tests - WebCGM Compliance

All,

Lofton has already commented on the contents of forrest.zip (lineAnimation).

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cgmo-webcgm/200903/msg00052.html

Here are my comments on the contents of ben.zip (setGetBGColor, setGetFillOffset, setGetTextStyles, setView001, and setView002). The first three are all the same metafile, which is a WebCGM 1.0 metafile. MetaCheck reports three distinct errors:

1) Arial used in Font List without a Font Properties element.
2) subpara APS without APS type of 'para' as parent.
3) An empty layer.

#1 As Lofton has previously pointed out, this can be fixed by changing the font name to Helvetica or adding the Font Properties element.
#2 The parent APS in this case is a grobject. The problem can be fixed by changing the APS type from grobject to para.
#3 There is a layer APS at the beginning of the APS with a layername attribute of "Background." The layer is empty; i.e. the APS body has no elements in it. Interestingly, this is allowed in WebCGM 2.0,

http://www.w3.org/TR/webcgm20/WebCGM20-IC.html#webcgm_3_2_1_2

but forbidden in WebCGM 1.0.

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-WebCGM/REC-03-CGM-IC.html#webcgm_3_3

So, this problem could be fixed by either deleting the empty layer or changing the ProfileEd substring in the Metafile Description to 2.0.

Ulrich checked all the metafiles for WebCGM 1.0 conformance. The last two metafiles in the group, setView001 and setVIew002, are in fact conforming WebCGM 2.0 metafiles. I've included the MetaCheck trace output for each one in the attached ZIP file. In my opinion, nothing needs to be done to these last two metafiles.

Rob