Subject: free HTML validation

All --

We get a fair number of simple HTML errors in submitted tests.

W3C has a free validator service [1], which can easily be used by either
pointing at the URI of the desired target, or byselecting 'browse' and then
browsing to it on your local computer (see the "validate by file upload"
tab).  It will probably catch most of the errors we are seeing.

[1] http://validator.w3.org/

If you forget or lose this address, you can find the validator listed on
the W3C home page, www.w3.org.  If you're having trouble with validity,
please ask -- we have some markup experts like Stuart, Rob, etc (and Dave
in the WG).  (Who knows, they might even volunteer to help clean-up if
you're having trouble.)