Subject: Re: [cgmo-webcgm] revised aciLineAttr and aciEdgeAttr

Thanks for the update, Don.

Editorial nit:  "that the" is repeated twice in the last sentence.

Test suggestion:  The reference picture is made with a viewer whose
defaults for the cap/join seem to be "butt,bevel".  This is the first line
of the reference png.  (It is a little hard to tell at the normal test
viewing size in Windows -- suggestion:  could you fatten the lines a little
more?)

In the (old) viewer version that I'm running, the defaults are
"round,round", so the 1st line on the rendered CGM differs from the 1st
line on the reference picture.  As explained by the new third sentence.

It is possible that the viewer-dependent default for someone's viewer could
be "butt,round".  Those are the aci-set values in the 2nd line.  Such a
viewer would render the two lines the same.  In this later case, it would
not be possible to tell whether such a viewer actually did change the
viewer defaults according to the aci values.

Can you think of any way around this?  At first, I was thinking just to add
a new line to the test with different cap/join values.  However, the ACI
processing is a one-time initialization item.  So at the least, one would
need to have a separate test.  And that might not even suffice, if the same
viewer instance ran each test in turn.

Thoughts?  (Anyone?)

-Lofton.