Subject: the HTML 4.01 example

In the telecon, I mentioned a HTML 4.01 example that used both the 'data'
attribute of <object> and a <param> child object.  Benoit requested the
reference, so here it is...

See the last example in this section:
http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/objects.html#h-13.3.4

See also in this section,
http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/objects.html#h-13.3 ,
the text starting with "In the most general case, an author may need to
specify three types of information:..."  If you look at the 3-bullet list
and the paragraph following, it seems clear that HTML 4 anticipated using
both 'data' and <param> together.

As we discussed however, the fact that IE does it wrong is somewhat
academic:  Microsoft is not likely to fix IE, and that would not help
anyway -- there are gazillions of installed older IE versions that have the
problem and won't likely be updated.

Aside.  I was looking at draft HTML5, which has this specification that I
didn't find in HTML4:  "At least one of either the data  attribute or the
type  attribute must be present."  (On <object>.)