Subject: Re: Who Understands...?

Thanks for the clarification.  I knew the general idea behind the classid
stuff on the OBJECT tag (etc), but the detailed implications of statement
were mysterious.

So one more question...

At 10:45 PM 1/25/01 +0100, you wrote:
>[...]
>
>Therefore we (John and I at that time) recommended to omit any references to
>code resources.

Since these are specifications about how to write OBJECT tags to refer to
WebCGM, I guess we shouldn't be using "shall" in this section, right?

I.e., we are not writing conformance statements for HTML content, are
we?  Rather, we are recommending how HTML should be written to work best
with WebCGM?

(Hmmmm... since it is a W3C Rec, I guess we *could* [in theory] write
strict statements, because HTML is also under the W3C umbrella.  But I
don't think I want to go there!)

-Lofton.