Subject: Re: [chairs] Re: Quorum required for good standing

Eduardo Gutentag wrote:
> I'd very much appreciate if you, the chairs of OASIS TCs, could send me
> a response to the following possible alternatives:

Here is my preference, which I feel is the best of what has been proposed:

    Announce the vote with sufficient advance warning, and then treat
    all non-voters as present-but-abstaining.

This effectively makes everyone present for email votes, so there's always
a quorum.  If you do this and consistently get only 2 votes, your committee
is non-functional.

--
Jeff Kenton