Subject: RE: [chairs] Re: Quorum required for good standing

I like Steve's proposal.

Note that the key point of confusion is that the number that constitutes
quorum and the number that constitutes the basis for calculating majority,
2/3, unanimous, etc. have nothing to do with each other, although in some
cases they have the same value. This confusion is encouraged by wording in
the current TC process email voting section which says rather ambigiously:
"For the purposes of mail vote counting, quorum is constituted by the whole
TC membership.

Another point to note is that even TCs that regularly achieve quorum may
have to resort to an email vote to approve a Committee Specification, as
approval of 2/3 of the TC membership is required.

Hal