Subject: Re: [chairs] need your comments on DocMgmt system requirements

John DeCarlo wrote:
> I have been trying to use OpenOffice for all of my documents.
>
> Its internal document format uses XML.
>
> It has so far handled every Word document I have tried, except for one
> key item:  line numbering.
>
> Version 1.1 simply does not number the same way that Word does
> (something about how headers and footers are numbered across pages, etc.).

That's something that bothered me for a long time, until I discovered that
the same problem applies to different versions of Word itself and it's not
an OO specific issue...

--
Eduardo Gutentag               |         e-mail: eduardo.gutentag@Sun.COM
Web Technologies and Standards |         Phone:  +1 510 550 4616 x31442