Subject: Re: [chairs] OASIS Symposium - TC Meeting Space Reservations

Jane,

I must ask that next year some consideration be given to the timing of
this event.

The end of April is a peak time for events both here in US and in Europe.

I really question the logic of holding this in New Orleans at a time when
potential contributors could easily be facing three plane flights
criss-crossing
the planet in the space of a week or ten days.   The same thing happened
for
OASIS Europe clashing with an event here in the USA, and last years New
Orleans
clashing with an event in Europe.

Surely it would make more sense for a focus event for OASIS to be scheduled
in a quieter time of the year.  For those of us with families - during
school breaks
are always considerably better timing.

In any case - OASIS should try and pick dates that do not conflict with
other XML
and eBusiness related events in the calendar.

It's tough enough as it is to justify time and expense to a dedicated
OASIS event
but even tougher if it conflicts with events that marketing and sales
are going to
want people to attend instead.

Just a plea here for the haggard road-warriors amongst us!

Thanks, DW