Subject: RE: [chairs] Re: OASIS IPR policy ... (transition timing)

Patrick,

Thanks for the clarifications - this is most helpful.

I'll make some enquiries also to help facilitate this as I can using the channels you have provided.

At least two of the TCs I'm involved with do have members working with OSI right now.

Thanks, DW

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Patrick Gannon" <patrick.gannon@oasis-open.org>
Date: Fri, February 24, 2006 9:37 am
To: "'David RR Webber (XML)'" <david@drrw.info>
Cc: <chairs@lists.oasis-open.org>

David,

The OASIS Board of Directors has an Outreach Committee that is following up on actions such as you have suggested.  The Outreach Committee has had dialog with executives from Apache Software Foundation last year.  The ASF has numerous projects underway and completed that implement various OASIS Standards. We also engaged with the Open Source Applications Foundation and had their Chairman, Mitch Kapor, deliver a keynote at last year's OASIS Symposium. It is our plan for the Outreach Committee to engage with appropriate representatives at the Open Source Initiative.  If there are any specific areas of the current IPR Policy that might me revised based on feedback from OSI or other groups, the OASIS Board's IPR Policy Committee can look into that.

Again, specific suggestions for revision of the IPR Policy, or any other OASIS policy, can be discussed on the oasis-member-discuss@lists.oasis-open.org or sent directly to the oasis-board-comment@lists.oasis-open.org eList.  We will also have feedback time at the Annual General Members meeting on 10 May during the Symposium week in San Francisco for member comments.

--

Patrick Gannon