Subject: Changes to OASIS TC Comment Facilitiy

OASIS staff is evaluating a variety of long-term solutions for enhancing
public feedback on Committee work. An initial step, which should
significantly minimize spam postings in Committee comment lists, will be
to eliminate the "comment form" and switch to a subscription-based email
list. Each subscription request will require a confirmation, which will
include agreement to the Feedback License. We have set up a test list
and encourage you to subscribe, read through the text of the
subscription message, and provide feedback.

Send email to: shoes-markup-comment-subscribe@lists.oasis-open.org

We believe this change has numerous benefits, including:

- closing the access point that was allowing spam to get through,
- allowing comment submitters to use their email tool of choice and the
additional functionality it provides,
- providing an authenticated email address for sender with a reliable
means of responding to the submitter, and
- offering the ability to enter a meaningful subject line that is
included in the email archive.

We have also rewritten the "Send A Comment" landing page to contain
useful information, including:

- instructions for subscribing and other details related to the email list,
- an overview of what happens to submitted feedback, and
- related mailing lists for the TC (-dev, -users, etc.).

The new "Send A Comment" landing page can be previewed here:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/comments/form-test.php?wg_abbrev=dita

In order to put this new functionality in place, all existing
subscribers to current comment lists will be automatically unsubscribed
-- notification will be sent to each subscriber letting them know that
the change is taking place and that they should re-subscribe after the
launch date. Chairs and secretaries will be automatically re-subscribed
to their TC's comment list.

Please provide any feedback to the chairs list on or before Thursday, 1
June 2006. After reviewing the feedback we will notify the chairs list
as well as tc-comment list subscribers of any changes, and announce the
planned roll-out date.

Regards,

Mary

Mary P McRae