Subject: Re: [chairs] Membership for open source implementers

I know of one instance where a TC was populated by individuals who
had their fees paid for them.
     -jeff
On Apr 06, 2007, at 9:32 AM, Paul Fremantle wrote:

> Scott
>
> While no-one has paid multiple individuals to join TCs, I know of
> several companies have populated TCs with a large number of
> members, most of whom only speak up at a vote or at rollcall, so I
> don't think its beyond the bounds of belief.
>
> Paul
>
> Scott McGrath wrote:
>> Gabe,
>> At some level, many members are here because their peers, partners,
>> suppliers or customers have encouraged them to join OASIS.  But we
>> have not
>> witnessed any situation where a member thinks so strongly of their
>> cause as
>> to directly encourage them with their checkbook in a "buying
>> plurality" way.
>> Could it happen, I suppose.  Is it likely?  I don't know.  I do
>> know that
>> I'd like to hear from any members who *have* convinced their
>> management to
>> pay several member fees, because we might learn some interesting
>> sales
>> techniques ;-)
>> Going forward...
>> We should move this dialogue to member-discuss@lists.oasis-
>> open.org. I can
>> add an announcement to the next Member news that this dialogue is
>> there now
>> and every member (not the subset that are chairs) can share their
>> views on
>> this.   Scott...

Jeff Mischkinsky			          		jeff.mischkinsky@oracle.com
Director, Oracle Fusion Middleware and Web Services Standards	+1(650)
506-1975
Consulting Member Technical Staff           			500 Oracle Parkway, M/
S 4OP9
Oracle								Redwood Shores, CA 94065