Subject: Re: [chairs] Recommendations for Version Control System!

On Oct 30, 2008, at 11:06 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

> I am not so sure that a source-code versioning system is all that
> well-suited for standards development work, and even building
> repositories
> of sample documents related to conformance work.  If there is software
> involved, that's a different matter.

Agree re: binary doc formats like .doc but it is quite well suited for
text based documents like XML which is why we have been clamoring for
it to host XACML conformance tests. This of course assumes that
conformance information be submitted on a per files basis (vs. a
compressed archive binary ;)

Definitely agree on the need for issue tracking and I believe Oasis is
working on a solution for that now...