Subject: The search box on our email archives no longer works

OASIS TC members,

For many years, MarkMail, MarkLogic's mail indexing service, has served as the search interface for OASIS mail archives (as well as others). If you typed terms into the search box on archives like https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/members/, you were directed to MarkMail's mail search server.Â

Sometime this past week, the server began refusing to connect. I have asked on their customer support if this is permanent and so far have not heard back. We are working on the assumption that the service has been taken down.

We are investigating options for replacing MarkMail with some other search functionality on the form.

Meanwhile, you can use site-specific operators in web search engines to limit your search to particular archives. For example, if you do a Google search using 'site:' in front of the URL (for example, site:lists.oasis-open.org/archives/members MQTT) the search results will be listed in that archive. Likewise, in Bing, searching q=MQTT+site%3Alists.oasis-open.org/archives/members/ will return matches from the members archive.

ÂWe will let you know when an alternate solution is working.Â

Best,Â

--

ChetÂEnsign

Chief Technical Community Steward