ciq-comment message

Subject: Public Comment

Comment from: paul.prescod@xmetal.com

Name: Paul Prescod
Regarding Specification: XNAL

Thanks for your work on XNAL. This is an important standard.

As you may know, DITA 1.1 is adding XNAL elements to its document type. I am researching the meaning of various elements. For DITA, every element has a URL like [1] and [2] which is very convenient for
research, reference and semantic web purposes. Is there a similar reference for XNAL? If not, I would suggest that there should be. For example it might be interesting for you to know that Google only returns information about XNAL's organizationdetails element in the context of
DITA. The top link for "personname" is in the context of Docbook.

Precisely because XNAL is so important, it should be substantially easier to research individual XNAL elements quickly and easily.

 Paul Prescod

[1] http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.0/langspec/reltable.html

[2] http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.0/langspec/topichead.html