ciq message

Hi all

Given that few have joined this mailing list in the last couple of days,
I thought I will post this welcome e-mail again. I have also extended
the deadline date to 3 May 2000 to file a statement of your
ability and desire to work in the committee we plan to setup for
customer information quality.

Ram
XML standards for Customer Information Quality which is
becoming a very crucial area in e-business and CRM, DW, etc.

To start this process, I would like you all to file statements of your
ability
and desire to engage in this work at a level consistent with the operation
of an OASIS technical committee.  At a date not less than one week following
your response, a list of those agreeing to the conditions of participation
will be
submitted to the ACTC as prospective members of the committee.

Therefore, I urge you to file a statement of your ability and desire no
later than
3 May 2000.

We at Cognito, Inc (a business unit of MasterSoft International)
have developed the following two XML standards for
Customer Information Quality and would like to
submit these as part of the work in this OASIS TC:

- NAME AND ADDRESS MARKUP LANGUAGE (NAML) and
- CUSTOMER IDENTITY MARKUP LANGUAGE (CIML)
(See http://xml.org or http://www.ozemail.com.au/~sakthi/dtd/dtd.html for
more detail).

The OASIS Advisory Committee on Technical Committees (ACTC) has
authorized me to institute this mail list for the purpose of organizing an
OASIS technical
committee for Customer Information Quality to work on these two languages. I
therefore,
request you to have a look at these languages as a start to get a feeling of
what we have done so far.

I look forward to hearing from you at the earliest.

Regards

Ram

Ram Kumar
Technology Manager