ciq message

Subject: Update on XML Standards for Customer Information Quality

Good day members,

It has been a while since I communicated with you.

There is a lot of interest in the XML standards for customer information
quality
as organisations have started to realise the role CIQ can play in
traditional CRM
business and e-business where retaining existing customers and investing on
them
and at the same time building a solid market share is becoming critical.

CIQ has started to gain good publicity and the feedback that we
are getting is very positive. I recently presented the work on CIQ at the
Information
and Content Management Conference in Seattle in May 2000.   This work is
also
now published as a feature story in the Volume 1, Issue 3 edition of the XML
Journal (July edition).

OASIS is spreading the work on CIQ via presentations. An update on the CIQ
discussion
group is now available in the front page of the OASIS web site.

The CPExchange group under the umbrella of IDEAlliance is also interested to
incorporate
CIQ standards as part of their work and they are having a look into the CIML
and NAML DTDs.
I could clearly see the use of CIML and NAML in CPExchange.

I am very confident that the XML standards for Customer Information Quality
Management will continue
to generate a lot of interest.  I have to thank you for showing interest on
this work by becoming
a member of this discussion group. At the same time, I urge you to join as a
member of the
technical committee that will enable us to move forward quickly. This will
enable you to share the
success of such a crucial standards efforts and it will be very valuable for
your organisation from
a marketing perspective. Please consider this seriously.

Meanwhile, I have not been sitting idle with the standards work all these
days. I have been working on
the NAML and CIML and have incorporated many new additions to the DTDs. Some
of them are:
- ability to represent history of addresses (eg. current, deceased, sold,
moved, etc) in detail.
- ability to represent company information in detail
- more complex street type supported
- person/company entities with relationships added (eg.Mr.John Smith &
Mrs.Mary Smith IN TRUST FOR Peter Smith)
- Personal qualifications information details added

I am now in the process of writing a detailed description document on the
DTDs. These update info. will
be made available to you for review.

Meanwhile, I request you to closely have a look at the DTDs and provide
feedback to me that will help
to improve the DTDs.

You can also have a look at the update on CIQ published in the cover page of
OASIS
web site (http://www.oasis-open.org)

I look forward to working closely with you on CIQ.

Regards

Ram