ciq message

Subject: RE: Our semantics.

Ram,

It seems to me that the approach John is promoting is
counter to what people expect from a 'natural' use of
the expressive structure of XML.  The current CIQ address
definately follows that natural use model.

Also - the ebXML approach is designed to move the
semantic clutter OUT of the transactional markup and
into core component definitions accessible via a
registry and cross referenced by UID.

This nets huge definate benefits across the board
in simplicity, ease of use, maintenance and above all
abstracts the business semantics away from any
flavour of the month - whether it be RDF, Semantic Web
or whatever - AND gets you language independence.

An obvious next step for CIQ is to develop ebXML core
components.  We will be able to do that very shortly once
the XBDL work standardizes on a representation model
that people can submit using.  I expect this to happen
over the next month - a white paper will be out next
week.

Therefore I do not see a need to change our current
approach.

Thanks, DW.
Message text written by Ram Kumar

John

Thanks for the info. Appreciated. I will go through your doc. and will get
back to you on your
suggestions.

Regards

Ram<