ciq message

Subject: [ciq] Discussion: Levels of addresses

CIQ TC

I had a look at David's PPT material on different addressing levels.
It does make sense to have this different levels. Though in one picture
it is shown that CIQ falls into level 4, the case is that CIQ covers level
0-3
also as it provides the flexibility to define addresses
at an abstract or detailed level (though it is not explicit). This is where
we can make CIQ explicit to show different levels which can make the life
of the users easy in many ways.

When looking at Joe's work, it can go beyond level 4 as stated in the
David's
material. But I do not know under which level (>4) can Joe's work on address
presentation/templates and rendition be classified.

I would like to know your views. Personally, I think this leveling concept
will
be very useful to the users of the standards. I see to achieve these levels,
it is
a question of re-structuring the xNAL data elements into categories. I will
be keen
to see how AssemblyDoc helps to achieve this. We can also think of applying
this
concept to other standards such as xCIL and xCRL if applicable.

Before we make a decision on our next move, I need your views on this.

I will also look into OAG V8.0

Regards

Ram