ciq message

Subject: xNL V3.0 - for discussion

Hi all,

As I mentioned to you sometime ago, I have been working

on xNL (Name specification) Version based on the requirements.

I have enclosed an initial cut of the schema that we have come up with.

Please provide feedback. We have not seriously looked into the attributes

at this stage.

xNL is now divided into 3 specifications, namely,

  1. Basic: provides the basic elements that represent a party’s name.
  2. Advanced: covers further details about a person name such as “known as”. For

            Organization, covers details such as “SubDivision”

  1. Enterprise: provides detailed representation of person and organization name such as “Joint person Name”

The idea is to provide forward compatibility of the specifications. Organisations that implement Basic version can

extend it to support Advanced and Enterprise versions.

By breaking the specs, it given better flexibility to organizations to implement the required specification rather

than spending a considerable amount of effort in implementing the whole spec., though they might need only

a simple representation of the name data.

Please have a look and feel free to comment. xAL is much more complex to break it and I am currently working on

it.

Michael Roytman,

As you promised to help, is it possible to let me know what changes needs to be done to the

Schema to make it compatible with the Naming and Design rules of UBL?

Regards,

Ram

xNL-enterprise-3.0.xsd

xNL-advanced-3.0.xsd