ciq message

Subject: Re: [ciq] Integration problem in CIQ!

Hi Ram

I've been out of action for a while, so forgive me if I'm asking questions that have already been answered.
Why are we merging GML with xAL? Can't these two schemas be used side-by-side? My XML element can simply define XML namespaces for xAL to define the address, and another XML element to capture the geo-spatial info by pointing to GML.

Any efforts to integrate these sort of standards that have been developed independently of each other is going to be hard work ... My personal preference is to keep things as atomic as possible and leave it up to the user to do what he/she likes. After all, that's why these are open standards ...

Cheers

Hido