ciq message

Subject: RE: [ciq] RE: IMPORTANT - Your suggestions please

Hi David,

  The issue is that there are two separate issues that are getting conflated ;-)

1. CIQ v3.0 as approved as a Committee Specification does *not* include xPRL.
There are two options - move xPRL forward as a separate specification, or
incorporate it into the existing CIQ spec (and therefore making it CIQ v3.1)

2. Problem with the xAL schema. This was reported by the emergency management TC
and is only encountered when using one particular development environment. In
order to correct this the TC needs to submit 3.0 for another 15-day public
review and then approve as CS (CS02)

Now, combining the two will require the version number of CIQ to bump from 3.0
to 3.1. However, I don't see this as something that would require the namespace
itself being updated. (Note: this is why many TCs use URIs rather than URNs for
namespaces and also why they do not include version numbers or dates).

So, if CIQ 3.0 is updated, it goes out for a 15-day review. If CIQ is expanded
to include xPRL, it goes out for a 60-day review and becomes CIQ 3.1.

I hope that makes sense?

Mary