ciq message

Subject: FW: PT 19160, Addressing - Address standards uploaded

Regards,
Ram Kumar

-original message-
From: "Serena Coetzee" <scoetzee@cs.up.ac.za>
Date: 02/12/2009 01:28

Dear all,

The address standards are now available online at http://www.isotc211.org/protdoc/pt19160/
, except for the US draft street address standard, which is available
on a Wiki site and to which you will be given a username and password
closer to 9 December. Thank you to everybody (and the organizations)
for making the documentation available for the project.

Our next milestone is Wednesday, 9 December:
- Work plan by the team leaders (Rob, Piotr and Randy)
- Finalize the list of participants for each team (Serena)

In respect of the latter, below are the current team members (details
at http://www.isotc211.org/protdoc/pt19160/#workplan). Those with
question marks (Japan, Australia, Korea, OGC, OASIS, UK) were proposed
as potential member body participants at the meeting in Quebec and we
should resolve if and who will participate by next Wednesday.  I would
appreciate if the relevant people could send me the contact details of
the person(s) who will participate in the respective teams, or let me
know if there is nobody.  If the person is not yet on the project team
(http://www.isotc211.org/protdoc/pt19160/#team), he/she also has to be
nominated by the respective member body to the secretariat, Bjørnhild
Sæteroy (bjs@standard.no).

Note that until next Wednesday, there is still flexibility in team
membership and if you want to participate in more than one review team
or in a different one, let me know by next Wednesday.

Team 1:
======
Requirements: Scope of the standard; terminology; classifications of
addresses (address types); identification of possible components of an
address; conceptual model (relationship between components)
Team leader: Rob Walker (UK)
Team members: Piotr Piotrowski (UPU), Patrick Dousseaud (FR), Boris
Gutkin (CA), Morten Lind (DK), Antony Cooper (ZA), Japan?, Australia?,
Korea?, Serena Coetzee (ZA)

Team 2:
======
Requirements: Transfer and exchange of address data; address rendering
(print/write/display) of address data; multilingual addresses;
managing address aliases
Team leader: Piotr Piotrowski (UPU)
Team members: Boris Gutkin (CA), Joe Lubenow (UPU), Morten Lind (DK),
Pierre Rossouw (ZA), OGC?, OASIS?, Australia?, Korea?, Serena Coetzee
(ZA)

Team 3:
======
Requirements: Definitive address datasets (reference dataset); quality
management; life cycle; metadata for addresses
Team leader: Randy Fusaro (US)
Team members: Karen Owens (US), Boris Gutkin (CA), Antony Cooper (ZA),
UK2?, Serena Coetzee (ZA)

Regards,
Serena Coetzee
Department of Computer Science