cloudauthz message

Subject: Re: [cloudauthz] Use Case Template for CloudAuthZ

Hi All,

it is happening that in this TC I constantly take a position of an opponent. Please, tell me if you have better expalanation for this but I think that the reason for this is in that I am looking at all we do from the architectural position while many others that a position of developer. For example, we are trying to find the major directions of our work, i.e. it is a strategic approach that does not care about details. Moreover, it is a dangerous matter if we agree on some details now because it is more likely than not these details will require revisions.

I hate a method of constant refining instead of taking a good thinking up-from and defining the goal, objectives, and answers to WHAT, WHY, WHOI, WHEN WHERE. HOW it could be implemented will be addressed later when we find the subjects and constraints.  As a part of this approach, we will be able to build proper vocabulary, as needed, but it will be about the major rather than secondary things first. I counr on the rule 80/20 in this case.

As of the Template proposed by Anil, I looked at it (as an architect).  It is a very well documented USER-CASE, i.e. the description of what one does with something known (via features of interfaces). IMO, it is not we need at this stage (but when we define what is the solution for the Authorisation for Clouds, we will need a set of use-cases to demonstrate how to use this solution).

For now, we need BUSINESS CASES, i.e. a set of stories that define business situations where the task of Authorisation for Clouds should be resolved. Yes, tasks, not answers or solution.  If I take the Anil's template, here is how I validate it for the Business-Case.

If the feedback to my proposal (see above) of the Business-Case Template is approaved by the TC, I am ready to re-write the set of business cases I submitted in the agreed format.

Looking for your feedback,
- Michael Poulin

----- Original Message -----

From: Anil Saldhana

Sent: 02/12/13 09:34 PM

To: cloudauthz@lists.oasis-open.org

Subject: [cloudauthz] Use Case Template for CloudAuthZ

Hi All,
   this is the template we used to collect usecases at the OASIS IDCloud TC.
https://wiki.oasis-open.org/id-cloud/UseCaseTemplate

There were discussions at the TC and the editor finally put the usecases
into a document as follows:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/id-cloud/IDCloud-usecases/v1.0/cn01/IDCloud-usecases-v1.0-cn01.html

I am wondering if we can use the same template for CloudAuthZ.

Regards,
Anil