cmis-browser message

Subject: Ordery Schema and referencing

Hi all,

I am still not sure how well the referencing in Orderly is currently defined. As Orderly translates to JSON-Schema I looked at this spec. Not the latest draft, but this one here has helpful examples: http://groups.google.com/group/json-schema/web/json-schema-proposal---second-draft (see Extending and Referencing).

The idea seems to be to have an id either containing a name or a URL and use this in a ref-tag.

Translated to Orderly and the repositoryInfo as an example this would look like:

object {
	id "http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/cmis/browser/201103/repositoryCapabilities";;
      string  capabilityACL ["none", "discover", "manage"];
      boolean capabilityAllVersionsSearchable;
 }*;

object {
      id "http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/cmis/browser/201103/repositoryInfo";
	string repositoryId;
      string repositoryName;
      string repositoryDescription;
      ref "http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/cmis/browser/201103/repositoryCapabilities"; capabilities;
 }*;

The problem is that the "id" currently is not part of Orderly (why?). Orderly allows extensions that are directly passed to JSON-Schema:

object {
	string myext `{"id": " http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/cmis/browser/201103/repositoryCapabilities"}`;
      string  capabilityACL ["none", "discover", "manage"];
      boolean capabilityAllVersionsSearchable;
 }*;

But this is only allowed on properties level not on top-level. If we have to copy+paste the Orderly spec anyway I wonder if it makes sense to extend it by this id mechanism. Perhaps we should first ask the Orderly experts for an explanation why they did not do this.

Has anyone further ideas in this area?

It would be cool to have the complete browser binding schema in a parseable file usable by validation tools.

Jens